-Introductions and greetings
-Introduction to the history and process of traditional hand papermaking
-Cooking and beating Japanese fibers
-Tutorial on sheet formation and technique
-Production of handmade paper sheets
- Board drying
- Discuss selection of materials for Western Papermaking
- Tutorial on coloring paper pulp
- Tutorial hand pulled paper sheet formation
- Press, dry and complete western papermaking process
- Sharing of completed sheets of hand pulled paper to be used in further individual explorations
- Combining Western and Oriental sheet forming
- Press, dry and complete combined papermaking process
- Final questions and answers – brainstorming future concepts
•For a group of 8: $250/ day per artist.
•For a group of 4: $300/ day per artist.