SEVEN DAY FEE BASED RESIDENCY:
- Flat Fee of $1,750 (or $250/day) for more than one artist. Maximum of three artists. Would guarantee full, 7 day, 6 hours a day access to studio equipment, facilities, assistant/printmaker, and materials, only excluding paper and plates.
- Flat Fee of $2940 (or $450/day) for a single artist's residency. Would guarantee 7 days, 6 hours a day, of work one on one with owner Soledad Salame for production, including at least one final consultancy/critique. Would include materials, only excluding paper and plates.
- Artists would leave Sol Print Studios with one of their prints for the archives.
- Those opting for the two-artist residency must be of a similar skill level.
- Paper and Solar plates are available for sale through studio at retail prices, based on size and brand.
WHAT WE OFFER/ REQUIREMENTS:
- Our studio includes resources for solar etching, monoprinting, and encaustic. Any silkscreening will be done outside of the studio unless the project is on a smaller scale. Size limits are 22''x30'' paper, and 16''x20'' plates.
- Once you are selected for the residency, we will proceed first with a skype interview to discuss your project proposal for the program.
- The artist in residence will come out with an extensive portfolio of work in different mediums.
- Room and board on site available for an extra $85/night or $120/night with breakfast and lunch included.
- If you are interested in touring the Baltimore Art scene, we would be more than happy to give you information for visiting the following museums and galleries.
- Museums include: The Contemporary Museum, Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore Museum of Art, the American Visionary Art Museum.
- Galleries include: Goya Contemporary, C. Grimaldis Gallery
Ongoing applications start on March 1st 2011 for residencies starting in June- December of 2011.
Intensive residency, solar etching and monoprint, and solar etching on Japanese paper with encaustic wax
with Soledad Salamé.
with Soledad Salamé.
Artist Soledad Salamé will host a series of printmaking residencies for small groups of artists in her Reservoir Hill studio. The focus of this course will be a few days on solar etching with monoprint, and solar etching with encaustic wax on Japanese paper, and other papers.
Next Residency: November (dates to be announced)
Residency duration: 5 days
Hours: 10 am - 4 pm
Cost: $250 a day -Includes wax, inks, plus all studio materials -Excludes paper and plates
Limited to 3 artists
Tel: 410 462 5365
This residency has an opening for one more artist! Apply now!