Saturday, January 21, 2017

INK IT: Contemporary Print Practices

Randi Reiss-McCormack "Paper Boy"  27" x 35" Solarplate etching with chine colle on paper, 2016

Congratulations to Randi Reiss-McCormack and our intern Danqi Cai! whose works have been selected by curator Helen Frederick for the exhibition “INK IT: Contemporary Print Practices”

The works will be on view in the Kay Gallery at BlackRock Center for the Arts
Location: 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown, MD 20874
Date: Saturday, February 11 – Saturday, March 11, 2017



 Danqi Cai "My Badge Says I Can Do No Wrong. My Badge Says I Can Do No Wrong? My Badge Says I Can Do No Wrong"  10" x 10" Inkjet print and woodcut, 2016

Description: This project shows how categories of persons (in this case, authorities) are performative and need to be repeated so as to establish themselves. Each time the category is repeated, there's a chance that it could be disrupted. The two rows of prints show the repetition and the disruption